Wednesday, November 13, 2019

I'm thankful that 2019 is almost over

Seriously, I can't wait to see the end of 2019. This post is just a brief update on me, my upcoming books, and anything else that I can think of as I type this. lol Sorry, I'm full of cold meds. By the way, these are listed in no particular order.

There seems to be a resounding theme out there among my fellow writers, this year has sucked, big time.

First, my home was hit by a hurricane at the end of last year. October 10th marked a year that we'd been waiting for insurance to finally settle our claim. As of now, we still haven't begun repairs. I'm still living in my office (because there's a hole in my bedroom roof, a big one) and sleeping on the floor. To say that dealing with all of this has been stressful is the understatement of the year. Due to the ongoing stress my immune system is weakened and I'm currently sick, again. I've been sick off and on, mostly on, since September. More than likely this sinus infection is due to mold poisoning. Ugh. I mean, if I got paid for blowing my nose, this would be a record breaking income year for me.

During this time, my maternal grandmother had a sudden massive heart attack and passed away. I've always been closer to my mother's side of the family, and we are all still hurting from her sudden loss. She was a good, sweet woman and I am blessed to have had her in my life for so long.

A week ago, barely three months since her passing, my dad's mother had a massive stroke. She is currently still in the hospital, but she is not expected to recover. Honestly, I'm still not over losing my other grandmother and can't even begin to process this. I feel pain in flashes, but mostly I'm numb.

Other close family has had some major events happen in their lives that have added to the stress and heartbreak, simply because I love them and I want so much to take away their pain.

Why am I sharing all of this? Well, for one thing, talking about it is therapeutic. Also, I'd like you all to know why I haven't finished the books I'd hoped to put out by the end of this year. I had several on my list, but writing with all of this going on is truly impossible for me. I could put words on paper, sure, but I don't think it would be anything you'd want to read. Ha. Ha.

Hopefully, after the first of the year things will begin to get back on track. I WILL have new books out next year. I'm not sure how many. For the moment I'm not even trying to put that kind of pressure on myself because I already have all I can handle. Once my office is put back together and my world isn't literally upside down, writing will happen naturally, and probably quickly. That's the way my brain works. But first I need some peace.

Most likely I'll end up finishing some of the books I have in progress fairly close together and putting out at least 3 next year. :) 






No comments: