Friday, January 9, 2009

What I'm working on right now

I'm working on reading through and polishing up a book before sending it to my publisher. It's called Diary of an Incubus and here is the first ever excerpt:) Actually, it's just a tease, but I hope you all enjoy it.

"Listen to me," I said softly. "Tonight you are Vincent because I need you to be. That doesn't mean that I believe what you're telling me." I looked up into his eyes. They were warm and welcoming. "But that doesn't mean I don't believe either."
"You are open to the possibility then?" he asked.
"Yes."
"Good. That is a good place to start."
He stepped inside and closed the door behind him. I reached past him and locked it. My arm brushed against his waist when I moved and I could scarcely control myself. I wanted to tackle him right there. Whoever he was, he was Vincent tonight … my Vincent.
"What else do you need me to be tonight?"
His voice touched me long before his hands ever did as he moved to cup my face in his palms.
"Mine."
The word barely had time to escape my lips before he kissed me. My body responded instantly. I ached for so much more than a kiss. But these lips! How many times had I tried to remember every detail of these lips? He was right. My first taste of love was still here and it was just as sweet as I remembered. I didn't know how it was possible and tonight I wasn't going to try to figure it out anymore. I needed this.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Asylumgirl said...

Sounds good! Made me all tingly. LOL

Deidre

Tracey H. Kitts said...

LOL Glad to hear it! That's the effect I was going for:)