Friday, January 23, 2009

Sunrise and Coffee

It's cold this morning, but my thoughts are warm. A lot of good things have happened for me in the past few days, and I'm taking a moment to count my blessings. I'm up for the first time in a while, early enough to watch the sunrise ... and I don't have insomnia. I actually got a good night's rest and felt like getting up early. That in itself is a small miracle.

Sunrise has always been sort of magical to me. The way the light slowly peeks through the clouds, just seconds before it breaks over the landscape like a wave. There are no politics, no worries, no amount of trying that will stop the sun from rising. It is constant and in that I find peace. Pictures could never do justice to what I'm watching out my window. So, I didn't take any.

I'm going to pour myself another cup of coffee and rethink that blessings list. I'm sure I've missed something. You can't feel this good and not be blessed .....

No comments: