Friday, October 5, 2007

Waiting for the dawn

Don't you hate it when you just can't sleep? I'm not normally one to suffer with insomnia, but when my mind is working overtime, my body never gets any time off. The world isn't coming to an end or anything, but recent events in my life have left me to wonder ... I wonder a lot of things. I won't get into them here, for to do so would be giving satisfaction to the ones responsible.

My personal life is fine. This isn't about my marriage or anything of that nature, thank God. And yes, I will get over it. But until I do ... here I sit, waiting for dawn. You know, I haven't seen a sunrise since I was in Jamaica 5 months ago. Ah, here it comes ... this should make me feel better.

I just stopped to go look, and it is magnificent. You can't actually see the sun where I'm at. It's more like dawn breaks evenly over the landscape, spilling its light into every crook and crevice of the horizon. Birds chirp, and I smile. There is a faint breeze blowing, and its such a welcome presence it feels as if God sighed over the trees. I can actually hear a rooster crowing off in the distance. Yes, I feel much better.

So, here's to all my fellow insomniacs. I tip my coffee cup to you:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post!

Isn't it strange how agonizing it can be to wait for the dawn, even though we know it will always come?

Betty

http://bvos98.googlepages.com/home

Tracey H. Kitts said...

Very true, Betty. I'm glad you enjoyed the post, I had a lot of fun writing it. It helped to make the wait somewhat less agonizing:)

The Psychic Photographer said...

I have some lovely dawn photographs, but somehow I think my urban view will be slightly different to yours ? Mine comes across the house roof LOL.
Sue x