Saturday, February 9, 2013

Update on what's coming up next

As some of you may already know, this past year was very stressful for me. I lost two loved ones, plus my dog Sam was badly injured just before Christmas. Sam continues to recover, but hasn't been doing well lately.

I'm not here to whine, I'm just letting everyone know that my plate has been more than full. I know that many people are currently waiting on the next book in the Lilith Mercury series. At present, I can't continue until the last book contract on this series expires. That will not happen until April.

I was hoping to get the latest chapter in Lilith's life back out for readers by the end of April. At present, I am not on schedule and for that I apologize.

I am writing, however, it is not on this series. I have other goals and deadlines to meet as well. I'm not simply waiting for the contracts to expire and BAM, turning around and self-publishing these stories. I am putting lots of careful thought, time, and energy into these books. They are being extensively re-edited and many (like Eden) are having several thousand words added to the story. In the case of the recently released Eden, I added in more than 12,000 words. Why am I doing this? Because I believe these additions make the story better.

Ever since I decided not to renew my contracts and to begin self-publishing my older titles, I have been working hard. I've been published for 5 years now, and putting all these books back out so quickly is like trying to do 5 years of work at once. Add that to the personal stress I've suffered in the past year, and I'm sure anyone can understand why I am so tired.

If you're wondering what my point is, it's this. I have a project that is very time consuming, requires lots of research, and simply must be finished before I go back to working on the Lilith series. As I've already said, I am not on schedule. I had no way of knowing how many terrible things would happen to those I loved in this past year, or how it would affect me, or for how long. Who can write a love scene (or anything else) when you just buried your sister-in-law? Or when your dog might be dying? Not many. Certainly not me.

I am deeply grateful to my fans and readers (whom I dedicated Eden to) and I am so sorry to keep any of you waiting. Please don't think for one second that I don't appreciate you. I just want you to know that I'm going through a lot. I'm not delaying while I take a vacation or sit on my ass. I'm trying to deal with a lot of things as I move forward with my life and my career.

Once again, I am sincerely sorry about the delay.



No comments: