Saturday, February 16, 2013

Thank you all for your kindness

As many of you know, my best friend, Sam, my beloved companion died a few days ago. As I write this, I am struggling to keep from crying. In fact that's all I've done for days now. Early this morning I was blessed with the first sleep I've had in days.

Things are bad here right now. We are all suffering. Everyone who knew Sam loved him dearly. He was such a big, fluffy sweetheart. Early morning and late at night are the hardest for me. I can't close my eyes without seeing that sweet face running toward me and it seems unreal that this image is only in my mind. This pain is unbearable. There is a hole in my life. I have no idea when I will be able to write again, but that is not my focus right now. I'm just trying to make it through the day, one day at a time.

I wanted to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has offered their thoughts, prayers, and sympathies as we suffer this loss. I have received so many kind responses both on here and on Facebook. Plus, some of my close friends have come by to keep me company. Your kindness means more to me than I can say and I am deeply grateful for any comfort.

I truly believe that animals have spirits and as I expressed recently on Facebook, I believe that Sam's spirit will find me again. Maybe he will literally walk into my yard again when I need him most. I only hope he doesn't wait too long, because I miss him so much.



No comments: