Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An excerpt for my work in progress

I don't want to give too much away, but this project has been a long time coming for me. I've only been working on it since last month, but I've wanted take on this particular story for many years. Here's a short clip. I hope you enjoy it.


The full moon lit the night like dawn. Soft rain and mist reflected the moonlight, looking like diamonds scattered about the grass, dancing from the petals of roses. And in the midst of it all stood my prince, waiting for me. The rain sparkled against his long hair and bare chest. I’ve never seen anything so lovely.


He reached for me and as I moved forward, I looked down to see I was wearing a long black robe. The material felt wonderful against my skin. It was then I knew I was naked underneath. But my prince beckoned me, and I went to him, no longer caring that I wore naught but a robe. It was his robe. I knew this as I looked into his eyes, just as surely as if he’d communicated the thought.

“I envy this robe,” he said as I reached him.

“But why, my prince?”

He pulled me against him and the rain grew harder as if to match his passion. “Because it wraps around you in ways I cannot.”

No comments: