Monday, September 9, 2013

Guest author Lucy Felthouse and some HOT reads

Please help me welcome today's guest author, Lucy Felthouse. :)

THK: Tell me about yourself. Anything you would like readers know about you?

LF: I’m Lucy Felthouse, I’m 28 and from Derbyshire in the UK. I write erotica and erotic romance and I got started back in university when someone dared me to write an erotic story. I love writing, running my business (http://www.writermarketing.co.uk), reading, watching TV and films, walking, spending time in the countryside with my other half and my dog, visiting stately home and historical sites, and eating chips and chocolate—though not at the same time.

THK: Sounds fabulous. Tell me about your current and upcoming releases. Please include a blurb and a link to where the book can be purchased.

LF: My latest release is a co-author project. It’s a BDSM, erotic, sports romance! Yes, lots going on and it’s a book I’m incredibly proud of. I co-wrote it with Lily Harlem. 

Here’s the blurb:

California had seduced me with promises of a new life working at Los Carlos Tennis Academy. What I didn’t expect was the dark, brooding number one seed, Travis Connolly, resisting my help. He wasn’t interested in my psychology skills. Instead his attention was drawn to the edgy, sharper corners of my desires, proving that they existed, setting me challenges and driving me crazy to the point of combustion.

I’m the best tennis player in the world—officially—so why would I need a damn woman full of psychobabble to get me on form? Despite my irritation, however, I can’t resist pushing Marie Sherratt’s buttons even though doing that shows her the darkest shades of my lust, the parts of me I buried deep. So I set her a challenge, one she rises to, one that has me rising too, and before long my game relies on her calling the shots, hitting the target and bending to my will. One thing was certain, being not just master of the court, but also of Marie is seriously good for my soul.

There’s more info, excerpt, trailer and buy links here: http://rawtalentseries.co.uk/book-1-grand-slam/

My upcoming release, also from Ellora’s Cave, is called Mean Girls. It’s an erotic romance novella about a BBW/Rubenesque chick. I really enjoyed writing this novella, and hope readers will enjoy it. It’s coming out on the 20th September.

Here’s the blurb:

Adele Blackthorne is a big girl, a curvy chick. She knows it, and she’s been picked on all her life because of it. But she’s gotten to the stage where she doesn’t care. She may be Rubenesque, but she’s healthy, too. Much healthier than the mean girls at the leisure center that point and stare and say spiteful things about her. Adele rises above it all, and simply enjoys her secretive glances at the center’s hunky lifeguard, Oliver.

As the bullying of Adele becomes worse, Oliver finds it increasingly difficult not to intervene. He doesn’t want to get into trouble with work, but equally he can’t stand to see Adele treated in such a horrible way. Especially since he doesn’t agree that she’s fat and unattractive. He thinks she’s a seriously sexy woman, and would like to get to know her better. Much better.

More info, excerpt and pre-order links here: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/mean-girls/

THK: What genre do you write it? What drew you to write in that genre? If you mix genres talk about that too.

LF: I write erotica and erotic romance. I think I covered this already, oops. I started because someone dared me to, found I quite enjoyed it, and never looked back. I’ve built up a backlist of massively varied work from contemporary to paranormal, different heat levels, pairings, and so on.

THK: Nothing like a good variety, I say. How many books have you written? How many have been published?

LF: In terms of full-length novels, I’ve only written one so far, and that’s due to be published later this year. In terms of short stories, I have no idea as I haven’t counted them lately. But most of the stuff I write has found a home or is out on submission.

THK: That’s great. What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?

LF: I don’t think I really have one. People say my stuff can be funny, though I don’t necessarily intend it to be. My silly sense of humor obviously just sneaks into my work.

THK: I understand that. My sense of humor is totally warped and it find its way into my work when I least expect it. What is the hardest part of writing?

LF: Having people assume that you write everything from experience. Which would make me a gay man, a lesbian, straight, a vampire, werewolf, shifter, policeman, soldier… the list goes on!

THK: Tell me about it! Ha. Ha. Ha. I get the most bizarre come-ons from men and the strangest reactions from women who think when I do “research” I’m out actually DOING all this stuff. Although it might be pretty cool to be a bi-sexual fairy shaman/elf/werewolf/vampire/witch/wizard/incubus/whatever involved in group sex, sadly I am none of those. What do you read for fun when you’re not writing?

LF: All kinds of things really. I like chick lit, erotica and erotic romance, paranormal, urban fantasy, thrillers—there’s not much fiction that I won’t give a go.

THK: Same here. I read a bit of everything. Any words of encouragement for unpublished writers?

LF: Yes. Don’t give up! Practice and talent will get you there, as long as you don’t give in.

THK: Now, something just for the fun of it. Werewolves or vampires? Why?

LF: Vampires, I think. Because they don’t turn hairy, they’re immortal, dangerous, scary and sexy.

THK: If you could get away with anything (criminal or just plain silly) what would you do?

LF: I don’t know, really. I haven’t thought about it—possibly because most of the things I want to do, I end up doing.

Maybe having wild flings with the men on my top ten list? http://pinterest.com/cw1985/top-10-future-husbands/

Lucy, thank you so much for being my guest today!

You can find out more about Lucy through the following links.






No comments: