Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Funny story and an update on projects

As soon as I stop my maniacal laughter, I'll start with the story. *clears throat* Okay. I'm ready.

I had the unfortunate displeasure to run into someone who does not think highly of romance or those who write it. This happens often, but this time was really funny. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older and I don't care. (I'm not that old.) Or maybe I'm just tired of people forcing their narrow minded opinions on me when I didn't ask.

Anyway, this person goes on to say how romance is an escape for people who "never get laid." Well, whether it is or not, that's offensive. They then said, "people who write it are just living out their sick fantasies."

I cut them off. "You're wrong. I'm actually writing to share my experiences. The most plausible way to do that is to present it as fiction. After all, if I wrote it as a memoir, I might get arrested. Some of this shit is illegal in Alabama and I don't live far from the state line."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry, I can't stop laughing. The point is, not another word was said. HA! Take that.

Now for the update:

I'm working on several projects at the moment. As a lot of you know, I'm published with more than one house. I'm working two projects for Ellora's Cave and one for New Concepts Publishing. The one for NCP is the long awaited continuation of the Lilith Mercury series. I had to take a break from Lilith before giving it one last go-over, just to be sure I haven't missed anything I meant to include. Thank you so much to everyone who has written to me to ask about the next book. It means a lot to know you like the series so much:) I hope to have book six in the series turned in to my editor by October.

As for the other two, one is at present almost halfway finished. So is the other. The second I'm keeping more under my hat until I see how my editor reacts to it. It will be my first erotic horror and is something I've wanted to do for years. If I don't take my time with it (even if it doesn't fly with the line I'm submitting it to) I'd be cheating myself out of something I'm thoroughly loving.

You might have guessed what it's about if you know me well. Once it's complete, I'll tell you the name:)

No comments: