Sunday, January 22, 2012

A dream is a wish your heart makes

I’m inspired to do a lot of things by my dreams. I've created characters and even written entire stories based on dreams. Dreams can lift your spirits or remind you of something you forgot was important.

Just like Jiminy Cricket said, “A dream is a wish your heart makes.” I know it’s a cartoon, but take a minute to think about that. To me (when I awoke from a dream a few days ago with this song on my mind), it was profound. Sometimes dreams are just dreams, but other times, they are the desires of our heart, played out like a movie in our sleep.

“A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you’re fast asleep.” I haven’t heard this song since I was a child, yet somehow I remembered the words. In my dream I was watching what appeared to be hundreds of falling stars. It wasn’t apocalyptic or anything like that. They were drifting to earth like glitter. Naturally, I made a wish. As soon as I made my wish, I could hear the song. After not having watched Jiminy or heard his song in over 20 years, I take this as a sign. Good things are coming my way. So, go ahead, be inspired by your dreams. I think it’s important for everyone to have a dream. Maybe even more than one.

2 comments:

Laurie-J said...

What a lovely post and sentiment!!

Tracey H. Kitts said...

Thank you, Laurie:)