Thursday, June 25, 2009

I can't believe Michael Jackson is dead

Michael Jackson died today and all I want to do is cry. I know that may sound strange, what with the scandals that haunted his career near the end. But when I was growing up, Michael was cool. His music makes me feel good. It makes me smile and brings back memories of a time when I had a whole lot less to worry about. Even on the worst days, like today, when everything turns to shit in a minute, his music can lift me up.

The King of Pop will always have a place in my heart. He will be remembered not for what he may or may not have done, but for the way his music made me feel. God bless his family in this time of need and may he rest in peace.

1 comment:

Kayelle Allen said...

So true, Tracey. My husband and I were both fans, and had his music and videos. We both teared-up and held each other as if we'd lost a dear friend.

I hadn't realized until Michael was gone how much I would miss him. I guess I figured he really would be like Peter Pan.

Like you, my heart goes out to his family and loved ones who surely must be heartbroken right now.