Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Words of encouragement

I just got through observing an argument and it makes me sick. Don't worry, I'm not going to bring it here. That's one of the reasons I don't like reality TV. (Or reality blogging for that matter. LOL) Reality for most people seems to be arguments and general strife with the whole world. Sure things don't always go my way. But I make an effort to look for positive things. Admittedly, they are sometimes hard to find, but they're out there. To believe otherwise would make me feel like shit on a regular basis and I don't like feeling like shit.

Anyway, the following words were forwarded to me in an email by a dear friend of mine and they meant a lot. If you ever read this Kimber, I saved it to my hard drive. LOL Thanks so much. I hope they will inspire someone else and lift their spirits the way they did mine.

EXCELLENCE can be attained if you...
CARE more than others think is wise...
DREAM more than others think is practical...
EXPECT more than others think is possible.

If that be the case, then dear God help me to achieve excellence. I look for ways each day to encourage other people. There's enough negativity in the world without me adding to it. No, that doesn't mean I'm perfect and it doesn't mean I'm always nice. I can be the Big Bad Bitch when I want to be and sometimes just for fun. What it means is, I try ... and I wish more people would.

No comments: