Friday, January 25, 2008

Heath Ledger - The knight of our hearts

A Knight's Tale is one of my son's favorite movies and when he mentioned it yesterday he said, "I just can't believe he's dead." My thoughts exactly. I know this may sound strange to some, because I didn't even know him. But for a few hours, when I watched his movies, I felt like I did.

I just can't seem to get this tragedy off my mind. I suppose it hit me hardest because we were the same age. I had watched his career grow and admired how much he had accomplished in such a short time. It still doesn't seem like reality just yet.

None of us have the promise of tomorrow, but when you're young you like to think that you do. We all want to live to see our dreams come to pass. We want to see the desires of our heart come to life. No one should ever die with their dream still inside of them, waiting to be shared with the world.

I believe that Heath had so much more to share. I don't want to die with my dream still inside of me, nor do I want that for anyone else. As we all continue to mourn his loss, perhaps we can take some small comfort in glimpsing a fraction of that dream when we watch his movies again.

He will always be William Thatcher to me and to so many others, the knight of our hearts.

1 comment:

Marly Mathews said...

I started watching him when he starred in Roar. *sigh* He was a fine actor and will be missed.
Great post, Tracey.

~Marly