Tuesday, August 7, 2007

There's No Place


Have you ever just had a craving? You know, for something different? Well, over the last few days, I've had a craving to write something different. For me, you can't get much different than a contemporary romance. I had an idea last Thursday that I wrote on a post-it note and put in my "idea" folder. Over the weekend, I started making notes on another story, but yesterday this one seemed to keep taking precedence.

On my way home from work, I was flooded with ideas. It was like a miracle. Once I got home, I thought I'd write down a few lines. That turned into three full pages of notes. What really got the ball rolling was when I accidentally found a picture of my main character. I did a search on photobucket for sexy cowboys and found this image. Wow. He's exactly what I had in mind. (For a lot of things, but we were talking about a story, remember?)

The only problem is, I'm supposed to be taking a break. I guess I don't know how. I love to write. It's my escape and my passion. So, I guess I'll just try to take notes for the next couple of months:) Once I get enough that the story is very much alive and no longer just notes on a page ... then I'll have to write it. My husband, who is supportive of me, thinks that taking a break means not working at all. Work is a dirty word to me, and writing is definitely not work. He tries, but I just don't think he gets it. I can't stop, not completely. It's who I am. But to his credit, he really liked the idea for this story even though he initially favored the vampire story better (which I'm still going to write I just might have to write this first).

The working title is There's No Place. Here's the tag line: "A woman with a jaded past returns home, only to find that the man she left behind might not be hers anymore."

What do you think?

3 comments:

Drea said...

Ohhh, cowboy....what more can I say but Y U M!!! I think you should go for it. You have a real knack for writing, so I imagine anything you set your mind to is going to rock! Keep us posted on the development of The Cowboy. I must also add, wow, what a picture you found....brings all kinds of things to mind. ;)

Tracey H. Kitts said...

Thanks so much, Drea:) That's one of the nicest things anybody's ever said about me or my writing. Yeah, that picture is full of possibilities. I now have four pages of notes:)

Lacey Diamond said...

Yummy cowboy! Write the story!