Friday, May 4, 2007

Things that I look forward to

I try not to look forward to anything. Now you can either relate to that, or it could be the most cynical thing you've ever heard. It seems like everything I look forward to has a way of going to hell in a hand basket. We're talking from 0-60 at the speed of thought. I made the mistake of looking forward to my vacation. Everything in the world has gone wrong over these past two weeks, including I have NOT gotten a chance to finish the novel I was working on, but that's okay.

It looks as if I'm going to get to go on my vacation after all, and between you and me, I need it ... BAD. Who knows, perhaps the ending of my book will be all the more spectacular after I've had some time to collect my thoughts.

How great does that sound? An entire week in Jamaica with nothing to do and nowhere to be. No one wanting anything from me but my drink order. Ahhhh. All my life I've been a very positive person and for the most part I have a good attitude. But lately, I could give Lewis Black and Dennis Leary a run for their money. Oh yes, it's time for a vacation.

No comments: