Monday, June 16, 2008

Mandy Roth and Michelle Pillow - Featured Authors

I'd like to welcome Mandy Roth and Michelle Pillow to the blog today! Thanks for being here ladies:)


Thanks for having us here today!!!

What’s the best part about being a writer?

Mandy: I'm no longer considered a freak in my community. Now I'm just eccentric.

Michelle: Being paid to do what I love. That feeling you get when someone's liked your hard work and tells you.

Did the two of you always want to be writers?

Michelle: I wanted to be a 'starving artist' photographer living in in New York City. However, I met my husband (who was accepted into chef school) and he fed me. I never made it to New York. But really, with being fed great food daily, I’m fine with that.

Mandy: I’d never given any thought to writing prior to doing it. My chosen profession was art/marketing. I got bored one night and started a book. By the end of the month, I had Daughter of Darkness done. I’m waiting for the feeling like an author to kick in. So far, I’m having too much doing it to consider it work.

How do each of you handle research for you books? Is it important to you?

Mandy: I'm a closest geek. I'll spend more hours basing names, locations of fictional worlds off variation and combinations of actual terms than I would if I just made something up. My first job was at one of the public libraries here and I've always respected all that they offer to the community. Prior to acquiring a large mass of my own material, I went there daily. My next stop is the library system online. They offer journal material for free and it's accurate. After that, it's author friends, family and so on. Last is internet itself.

Michelle: I love research. I over research and I'm addicted by buying research books. And if it’s about anything historical—forget about it.

How does co-writing your joints work for the two of you?

Mandy: Somehow we manage to switch gears to adjust to one another. If I’m cranky (very rare, Michelle is always cranky…ouch) then she’s calm. The reverse is also true. So far, she’s talked me off three ledges, two bellhops and a partridge in a pear tree. I’ve only managed to get her to leave the lights on in her bedroom long enough to find her pajamas before she dives under the covers hoping no one saw her. LOL

Michelle: Well, I’m the sane one, which helps. Which naturally means Mandy’s insane *batting Mandy’s hands away* and a pest, and had this fetish for muphfumupfhmffph…


Mandy’s Links
Website, www.mandyroth.com
Blog, www.mandyroth.com/blog

Michelle’s Links
Website, www.michellepillow.com
Blog, www.michellepillow.com/blog

The Raven
Website, www.ravenhappyhour.com
Radio Show, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ravenradio
Recipe for Disaster by Michelle M. Pillow

Coming in Trade Paperback, June 10, 2008!

Aspiring chef, Zoe Matthews has lost her job and all hopes of a satisfying future. If that wasn¢t bad enough, she¢s just publicly shot down her one and only chance at culinary redemption. Restaurant mogul, Jackson Levy is determined to teach the rude city-slicker a lesson in manners. What she thinks will be a head chef position at one of his fancy restaurants turns out to be a small town diner. Can this city girl and a country boy find common ground? Or is this just a recipe for disaster?

Preorder/Buy link –
http://www.amazon.com/Recipe-Disaster-Michelle-M-Pillow/dp/0352341777?ie=UTF8

Coverart Link - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GO9o3-VdL._SL500_AA240_.jpg


Daughter of Darkness: Bella Mia by Mandy M. Roth
Coming June 2008

The third book in the Daughter of Darkness series.

Will be for sale at: http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/mandymroth.htm

Coverart link - http://www.mandyroth.com/bellamia2%20med%20sized150.jpg

3 comments:

Tracey H. Kitts said...

Apparently Blogger is having some issues, so I wasn't able to upload the great covers for these books.

Everyone, please check out the links included for the cover art. They are both great!

Mandy and Michelle, thanks again for being my guests today!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for having us, Tracey!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tracey!