Thursday, January 26, 2012

Self publishing, writing, and life in general

Boy is that ever a random post title. But, it's the best way I could sum things up. I've been busy. I have a new book out. It's not new to everyone, but it will be new to lots of people. The rights to Diary of an Incubus have recently reverted to me. The contract was up and I chose not to renew. This was not for any malicious reasons. I'm saying this now because I don't want any rumors to get started.

My reasoning was simple. The book wasn't selling. Period. Naturally, I examined all the reasons this might be. I also took a good hard look at the story itself, let several people (who aren't my closest friends) read it. I believed in it, but was that good enough? I looked at the book as a product rather than "my baby."

Much to my relief and delight, everyone who read it at my request, loved it. With that in mind I (and my writing partner) re-edited the book. I revised some scenes and added in a few thousand words of new content.

Plus, I designed my very own, smokin' hot new cover, and re-worded the blurb. I feel like I've done the best I can to make this book appealing. I haven't dressed up crap and tried to make it smell good. I've enhanced a good story that I believe in. It is my hope that everyone will find it as entertaining as I do.

On a side note, I decided to upload this story to both Smashwords and Amazon. The reason I did this (besides trying to gain the most exposure possible) is that I've seen no benefit in listing exclusively with Amazon. That's what I did with Frank and The Werewolf Tamer. As soon as my KDP 90 day agreement is up, I'll be listing that book on Smashwords as well. However, Frank and The Werewolf Tamer has remained in the to 25,000 at Amazon for most of the past month (several times it went higher, even in the top 2,000). So, sales aren't bad by any means.

I figured my fellow authors who are considering self-publishing might like to know all this. :)

Now, without further ado, here is a peek at my latest release. On a side note, thank you to all of my loyal readers. If you can't purchase the book right now, but want to show your support. Please, stop by the page and click "like." Thanks:)

Jewel Mathers needed a good story for her next novel. She turned to the ancient journals in desperation. But fame and fortune comes with a price … and a couple of hot vampires.

WARNING: This story contains violence, lots of sex, and some frightening creatures. No werewolves were harmed in the making of this book.

NOTE: This book was previously published elsewhere. It has been re-edited, revised, and expanded.
Purchase Link: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/126569

1 comment:

Tracey H. Kitts said...

I posted the link to the Smashwords version because you can get a 35% preview for free:)