Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life doesn't get in the way

I’ve never had writer’s block. I’ve had annoying things happen that kept me from writing when I wanted to. I used to say that I had “life block” or that my life was getting in the way. Then I realized something, my life was the reason I could write. All those pain in the ass incidents sparked my creativity … eventually. It is because of my life that I have anything worth saying.

So, I’m not going to say anymore that life gets in the way of my writing. You either make a choice to live your life or let it pass you by. For a writer, letting it pass you by is (in my opinion) a grave mistake. After all, if you haven’t lived, how could you possibly write about other people’s lives?

So what if I don’t write a book in a month like I used to? I’m taking more time for myself, getting in better shape. And you know what? I feel great. For the first time in years I spend more time feeling good than bad. And my writing is better for it. Now when I do find a few minutes to write I have more to put into it.

People will ask sometimes how long until my next book. (I love those letters, by the way.) Now the answer is most likely when I have something else to say. When I have something inside of me worth letting out. When my latest vision of vampire perfection can no longer be denied. LOL

Seriously, take the time to live your life. You won’t regret it. But if you put all your love into your work (whatever it is) there will come a time when you regret that decision. Save a little love for something else, like yourself. (This includes spending time with your family. To me, spending time with people you love is loving yourself. It’s a good investment.) You deserve it.

1 comment:

Tracey H. Kitts said...

And I completely forgot to mention, I have a new book out!

Hot off the press! Diary of an Incubus is available in all e-reader formats, including Kindle and Nook. :) Plus, it's only $1.99 at Smashwords.

Here is the description: Jewel Mathers needed a good story for her next novel. She turned to the ancient journals in desperation. But fame and fortune comes with a price … and a couple of hot vampires.

WARNING: This story contains violence, lots of sex, and some frightening creatures. No werewolves were harmed in the making of this book.

NOTE: This book was previously published elsewhere. It has been re-edited, revised, and expanded.


Purchase Link: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/126569

I'll post my smokin' hot cover art later:) Or, you can see it when you follow the link.