Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Character interview with Kate Hill

Please welcome today's guest, Kate Hill. 


Interview with Wyatt and Zoey from Combustion 1: In Heat by Kate Hill

Here on Pixie, marriage is unconventional even between members of our own species. To marry an alien from a planet that has no official relations with us is unheard of. Much debate surrounds the union of Wyatt, one of our own, and the human Zoey.

Today they have agreed to grant a brief interview with the hope of showing that an alliance between Earth and Pixie might one day be in the best interest of both worlds.

How did you meet exactly?

Wyatt: After my shuttle crashed on Earth, I was not only injured, but in the throes of my monthly sexual cycle. With my meds that control the cycle destroyed in the crash, I needed to mate or succumb to my inner heat. To me, forced mating is not an option. Luckily Zoey was willing to help.

Zoey: At the time I didn’t know I was saving his life. I simply wanted him.

When did you find out that Wyatt wasn’t human?

Zoey: He told me the truth later, but I didn’t believe him. I thought he was trying to break up with me and make a fool of me in the process, but gut instinct told me to look deeper into the situation, so I tested his DNA.

Wyatt, your confession could have resulted in potential danger for both Earth and Pixie, or should I say it might endanger any Pixiens visiting Earth. Do you feel that revealing yourself to Zoey was irresponsible and self-centered?

Wyatt: In some ways yes, but in others no. After what she did for me, she deserved to know the truth. Like Zoey, I depended on my instincts and they told me to trust her.

Zoey, did you have any fears about boarding a shuttle and flying to the home planet of an alien you’d known for only a few short months?

Zoey: Yes. I was afraid and it was definitely risky, but I trust Wyatt. So far the Pixiens I’ve met have been good people. You’re technologically far more advanced than we are on Earth, but in many ways you’re like us.

What about the possibility of a Pixien-Human hybrid? Do you believe you’ll be the first interspecies parents between our planets?

Wyatt: Possibly. We’re not sure if Pixiens and Humans can interbreed.

Zoey: Right now we’re still getting to know each other and it’s been a fantastic experience so far!

To find out more about Wyatt and Zoey, read Combustion 1: In Heat, coming soon from Changeling Press.

Combustion 1: In Heat
by Kate Hill
(M/F Erotic Science Fiction Romance)

It's Wyatt's time of the month and he's scorching hot!

When Zoey temporarily moves in with her friend Justin, the last thing she expects is to find a hunk across the hall. Wyatt is as hot as his red hair, but to a woman whose career has always come first, she isn't sure if she should hook up with him, no matter how badly she wants to. What Zoey doesn't know is Wyatt is a shipwrecked alien whose monthly sexual cycle will literally burn him alive if he doesn't mate.

Wyatt not only desires Zoey, he needs her to survive, but he fears that the scent induced by his cycle is luring her into his arms. Though desperate to survive, he wants a willing partner. When passion finally overtakes them, he knows he must tell her the truth, but will she accept an alien lover?

About Kate

Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.

When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets.

Kate also writes under the pen name Saloni Quinby. She enjoys hearing from readers and she can be contacted at katehill@sprintmail.com. Visit Kate online at http://www.kate-hill.com.


Sounds like a "hot" read. ;) Thanks again, Kate, for being my guest today.






1 comment:

Kate Hill said...

Thank you for having me here today, Tracey!
Kate