Sunday, February 3, 2013

THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP





Welcome to the NEXT BIG THING Blog Hop.

What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them. I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy. On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me and one of my books and links to other authors you can explore!
My gratitude to fellow author, Maya DeLeina, for inviting me to participate in this event. You can click the following links to learn more about Maya and her books.

Maya DeLeina's Next Big Thing:
http://www.mayadeleina.net


In this blog hop, my fellow authors and I, in our respective blogs, have answered ten questions about our current book or work-in-progress (giving you a sneak peek). We've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write--the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make. I hope you enjoy it!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

1: What is the working title of your book?


Eden is my most recent release, so we’ll go with that. Ha. Ha. At the time I’m writing this blog, it has only been out for 24 hours.

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?

Where did the original idea come from? I suppose it’s because I couldn’t stop fantasizing about Viktor Van Helsing. The moment he appeared in my mind, I knew I had to think of his story. And when I started thinking about Viktor’s story, BOOM, Eden was born.

3: What genre does your book come under?

Erotic paranormal romance. There is a smoking hot vampire and a werewolf in this one.

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I would just be so thrilled to see it go to film! Honestly, I’d like to see some new faces who aren't already famous. Having said that, I’d gladly have Hugh Jackman in any role he chooses. Ha. Ha.

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Not all paradise is lost.

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?

Eden is actually a re-release of an older title. The contract on this book expired in 2012 and I choose not to renew for many reasons. One of those reasons was I wanted to present Eden to my readers in the way I originally planned. I've added over 12,000 words of new content to Eden and am proud to say it is self-published.


7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

The first draft of Eden only took about a month. I was really into it.


8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I’m at a loss here, as I don’t like to compare books in general. But, if you enjoy paranormal romance and/or a ménage romance, you should give Eden a try.


9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I desperately wanted to bring Viktor to life. No joke. I got his picture in my mind and it wouldn't let me sleep. I HAD to write his story. Viktor made me do it.


10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

I've already mentioned the sexy werewolf, right? Well, besides that, we've got a strong leading lady, Catrina Ravensdale who is a monster hunter. Oh, and there’s Jacob Marion, a vampire hunting priest.

The story takes place in the fictitious city of Eden, which I hope readers will enjoy as much as I did. Here’s the official blurb.

Catrina’s world is turned upside down the moment she agrees to Viktor’s plan. Who even knew that Abraham Van Helsing had a younger brother? Not only that, but a brother who was turned by the King of Vampires and who held such obvious power. Now she must deal with the consequences of her actions and an attraction she can no longer deny.

Viktor wants her to spy on the alpha werewolf, Alexander. He suspects Alex is responsible for the murder of a fellow vampire. However, there is one major problem with this plan. The werewolf is just as hard to resist as Viktor and Catrina is caught right in the middle.

Warning: This book contains, graphic language, graphic sex, violence, and two smoking hot heroes.


This book was previously published elsewhere. It has been revised, re-edited, and expanded by more than 12,000 words.



Below you will find authors who will be joining me virtually, via blog, next Wednesday. Please be sure to bookmark their sites, and add them to your calendars for updates on their upcoming books! Happy Writing and Reading!

D.X. Luc


S.K. Yule





No comments: