Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hope

Yesterday afternoon my friend's mother was in a terrible car accident. Besides writing to occupy my mind, all I've done is pray. At first, they thought she had a lot of internal injuries and last night they thought she might have been brain dead.

Well, about nine o'clock last night she had brain waves and when they ran some tests there were no signs of internal injuries. The biggest concern now is her head injuries. She was without oxygen for several minutes and doctors are afraid she may have brain damage.

I still believe that there is hope. There is always hope. The fact that her condition has improved, no matter how slightly, proves that to me. God can do anything and he doesn't perform half miracles. I know I may sound nuts to some people, but I really don't care. This isn't about me. I'm asking that everyone who reads this please pray for this woman.

I am believing for nothing short of a miracle. Sometimes we just have to put our faith out there and that's what I'm doing. Still, I wonder why should God listen to me? Why should he listen to any of us? I'm not perfect, but my heart is in the right place. I would give anything to make this go away if I could.

This may sound stupid, but I keep thinking "If this was my story, I could fix it." That's what I've wanted to do since yesterday, fix it. It is a helpless feeling to watch others hurt and know that all you can do is pray. But, I don't have the super powers that I write about ... maybe that's why I write about them .....

No comments: