Friday, March 14, 2014

Tight schedule

I wanted to take a minute to answer a few more questions that I get asked pretty frequently. But first I'd like to say, please, don't mistake my meaning. None of this is to be rude in any way.

I get asked fairly often if I will read or review someone's book. The truth is, I simply do not have the time. It's not that I don't care. Right now, I'm writing two books. That is a lot of work and takes a great deal of time. I'm also making notes on future projects. 

As I've said before, I am responsible for all of my promotional efforts as well as financial planning. Plus, I've got a home and a family that I'm responsible for. 

I barely have a moment to myself. So, when I say that I do not have time to read or review someone's work, I'm not being a jerk. I'm telling you the truth.

Aside from the fact that my time is limited, reading others works and offering critique opens up a HUGE legal issue. 

I've known authors who were kind enough to do this for other people. Then, when they had a work published on down the line, the person whose work they read SWORE that they stole the idea from them. It didn't matter that the book published was drafted long before they read the other person's work. To be blunt, I don't have time for that either. LOL No one needs that kind of stress in their lives. 

Like I said, none of this is meant to sound rude or harsh. I just want people to know my honest reasoning. I am very flattered that anyone thinks I'm qualified to look over their work, or that they would value my opinion. That is awesome. I simply do not have time. I hope everyone can understand that.

No comments: