Thursday, May 29, 2008

Original Sin

I've just started doing a final read-through/edit of book four in the Lilith Mercury: Werewolf Hunter Series. I actually wrote the book last year. I remembered what I thought of Marco and Dracula. But I had somehow managed to forget what writing about them makes me feel.

Particularly, Dracula. That vampire has long been a part of my imagination. When I was old enough to realize what a fantasy was, mine were filled with images of him.

Marco was more of a spontaneous creation. For those who don't know, he was originally supposed to be the villain. But the moment I put him on paper I fell in love with him. He was meant to be so much more.

Most of the time, when people ask me who I would chose if I were Lilith ... I honestly can't decide. You'd think it would be easy for me to answer, since technically, I am Lilith. Her character is based on me and she's just as indecisive.

I've felt like shit all day. LOL Blunt, but true. And since I can't have chocolate (long story) Dracula is the next best thing. So, if you were to ask me today ... I'd have to take the vampire ... at least for a little while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mrs. Kitts..
this is Drew, um, I ma checking out your website, and it is pretty cool. I like the "If you think dracula has a softer side" quote. It makes you wonder if he CAN actually have a "sweetness"

Tracey H. Kitts said...

Hey there, Drew:) The Dracula in my series still remembers what it was like to be human, so he definitely has a softer side.

I try my best. LOL Sometimes, he's actually sweet. However, he also remembers what it was like to impale people. Yikes ....